SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS
The Social and Environmental Affairs (SEA) team is a diverse group of around 70 people – engineers, lawyers, HR managers, environmental auditors and former members of non-governmental organisations (NGOs). The team is organised into three regional teams covering Asia, the Americas and Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), as well as the functions of Environmental Services and Community Affairs. The SEA team is responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance with the Workplace Standards within adidas’ supply chain
- Facilitating, promoting and managing the development and implementation of environmental initiatives across the company’s own facilities
- Extending and maturing the engagement and collaboration with others to drive changes in the industry
- Managing the company’s community engagement programme.
The SEA team works closely with other global corporate functions such as Sourcing, Legal, Facility Management, Human Resources, Sales and Corporate Communication, as well as the brands’ Marketing and Product Development teams. The collaboration between SEA and Sourcing has been particularly important to improve workplace and environmental conditions in our supply chain. Over the years, SEA has established systems and processes to ensure Sourcing fully considers compliance with the Workplace Standards.
By engaging directly with suppliers, government and other external stakeholders, SEA is informed about any human rights, social and environmental issues at an early stage. This allows SEA to proactively address any potential risks as well as health, safety and environmental liabilities directly with the Executive Board and the Sourcing management team as needed. The team is directly involved in developing and updating corporate policies and operating procedures related to social accountability, product safety and compliance with environmental laws and regulations. The SEA team plays a critical role in leading and counselling the brands and corporate functions to deliver the Sustainability Strategy 2020.
Human Resources is a core function within the global adidas organisation. It is led by the Chief Human Resources Officer who reports directly to the CEO. The Global HR organisation consists of:
- HR Business Partner teams who support functions, brands, sales channels and other departments across the organisation in all relevant HR matters
- HR Centre of Excellence for Talent who drive Talent Acquisition, Performance and Succession, Leadership and Learning
- HR Centre of Excellence for Rewards who drive Compensation and Benefits, Mobility, e-HR and HR Services.
- Focus teams who manage our Company Sports programme and "Diversity and Inclusion" initiatives at major Group locations.