- WHAT IS A PRIVACY NOTICE?
This Privacy Notice describes how adidas processes your personal data. It also informs you of your rights under applicable data protection laws and how you can use those rights.
adidas AG and, if relevant the adidas company named in your adidas agreement, have joint obligations and privileges using and protecting your personal data for the below listed purposes. Any reference to “adidas” or “we” in this notice is a reference to adidas AG and if relevant, the adidas company named in your adidas agreement.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED BY ADIDAS?
We collect and process different categories of personal data:
Contact and Identity Information: such as name, gender, age, date and country of birth, nationality, shipping and e-mail-addresses, phone numbers, national identification number and social media handles.
Agreement and activity related Information: such as current and former participation in sports and/or membership in clubs/national teams, your personal and/or performance statistics, languages, interests, commencement date of adidas agreement if relevant or, adidas identity number, account numbers, photographs, video footage and agent’s contact data.
Media and Social Media Data: any media and social media information including photos that have been publicly available (including social media analytics provided to adidas by third parties).
Submitted Data: other relevant data submitted to adidas including, but not limited to, product reviews, shoe size and apparel size.
4. WHY DOES ADIDAS PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to perform and administer your adidas agreement if relevant. In this context, personal data is processed to ensure we can carry out our obligations, for example: delivering the correct adidas products to you; correctly invoicing, accounting and managing our relationship with you. (Equals to Article 6 (1) b) GDPR)
- to analyse and report the success of our marketing campaigns associated with you, your compliance with your adidas agreement if relevant and the effectiveness of adidas sports and entertainment/influencer marketing. (Equals to Article 6 (1) f) GDPR)
- to review, develop and improve adidas’ products and services, to document our sports marketing and entertainment/influencer relationships, to assert our rights and to protect ourselves against legal claims. (Equals to Article 6 (1) c) and f) GDPR)
In addition, photos and videos of you may be used for internal and external purposes as specified in your adidas agreement. (Equals to Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR)
5. SHARING PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with third parties inside and outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This includes adidas affiliates, suppliers and manufacturers.
A list of adidas affiliates can be found under ´List of Shareholdings` of the financial statements of adidas AG.
In exceptional cases, your personal data may be shared with government authorities, law enforcement officials and/or courts if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests.
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We will protect your data, whether inside or outside the EEA. We may share personal data outside the EEA only after an assessment of reliability and after ensuring that personal data is adequately protected.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes described in Section 4. In addition, the agreement between you and adidas and your success story including photographs and videos may be retained for an unlimited period of time.
8. SECURITY – HOW DOES ADIDAS SECURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
9. YOUR RIGHTS
You may ask us for a copy of any of your personal data held by us. You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transmission of your data to another company. You have the right to obtain the rectification or the deletion of your personal data and to restrict its processing. You may object to the processing of your personal data if you doubt our legitimate interests in doing so. Where your enquiry has been rejected, we will provide a reason.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the GDPR.
If you wish to exercise your rights, if you have questions about this Privacy Notice, complaints or wish to contact adidas for any other reason in relation to the processing of your personal data, please contact the Partnership_Marketing@adidas.com.